Registration & Policies
Registration for 2020-21 programs opens Saturday, October 3.
All programs are 100% virtual at this time and will be taught live over Zoom.
- 5% discount for season tuition payment in full by first class date.
- Sibling discount offered for families with more than one student enrolled in any program: 10% off tuition (of equal or lesser value) for the 2nd and subsequent siblings. Not applicable to costume fees.
- Discounts cannot be combined.
Click the button below to visit the Parent Portal: register for classes, edit enrollment, and pay tuition.
An annual registration fee of $10 per student will be charged at time of initial registration and is non-refundable.
Tuition may be paid in full (for a 5% discount) or in equal monthly payments, due each month on the 10th. Monthly payments have been calculated based on the full cost of the entire season being divided into equal installments (so although some months may have more or less classes/rehearsals, tuition amount has been averaged to remain the same).
Tuition & fees are non-refundable and no credits or refunds will be given for missed classes/rehearsals. A 10-day grace period will apply to all due dates, after which any payment not made will be considered late and a $10 late fee will apply, and will be re-applied every 30 days that the balance remains unpaid. Written notice of withdrawal from classes/teams must be given one month in advance, and tuition costs will apply for that month (regardless of what date actual attendance stopped).
You can make payments online using your bank account or credit card (zero processing fees). Auto-pay option is available and highly suggested!
No food or drink (except water in a closable container) is allowed in the dance room. Food items may be kept and eaten in the hallway. There is no water fountain at the grange, so bring a water bottle!
The dining hall and kitchen at the grange are not part of our rental; no entrance into these areas is allowed.
Please remember to stay home if you are sick or have symptoms that could be contagious. We are in close contact with each other in ballroom dance and illnesses can spread very easily. Thank you!!
Outside of class times, no supervision will be provided for minors. Especially for our pre-teen classes, please be prompt in picking up your students.
Parents are always welcome to stay and observe class, but please do not talk to or otherwise distract your student while class is in session.
Olympic Ballroom Dance LLC has ZERO tolerance for bullying or harassment of ANY kind. This includes any behavior that demeans or puts down our fellow class or team members, such as gossiping, intimidating, excluding, or patronizing other team members. This also includes the use of phone apps that promote this behavior. Corrective action may include dismissal or expulsion from classes or teams.
Performance and Beginning teams have specific dress codes; please reference your team contract for details.
Class specific dress codes will be included in your welcome email after registering. Our general dress code is as follows:
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow for movement. Ladies can wear leggings, dance/exercise pants, or dance skirts (with shorts or leggings worn underneath), and please choose tops with a higher neckline that will not shift down or open with movement. Gentlemen can wear dance/exercise pants or other pants made with material that has some stretch.
- FOR MALES & FEMALES: PLEASE NO JEANS, SHORTS, OR TANK TOPS. Avoid baggy clothing.
- Long hair should be securely pulled back.
Appropriate ballroom shoes are required for all programs except the Intro to Ballroom classes and Beginning Team, although still highly suggested for proper movement and learning.
For these beginning levels, if you don’t wish to invest in ballroom shoes yet, jazz shoes will be allowed (tan for females, black for males). Until you have dance shoes, you may bring a pair of lightweight regular shoes as long as you can easily move in them and they will stay well attached to your feet, and keep the following in mind:
- Shoes MUST have a non-marking sole. Many sneakers and tennis shoes leave big streaks on our floor, so please check that they are non-marking before wearing!
- Please keep wet and/or dirty shoes off the dance floor. If you do not yet own a pair of dance shoes, we ask that you bring a pair of clean, studio-only shoes that you can change into inside.
- Do NOT wear heels that are not specifically designed for ballroom and/or Latin dancing.
- Dancing in socks or bare feet will not be allowed (other than warm-up).
NO SANDALS OR STILETTO HEELS.